Email the AIME President at email@example.com. Luxbacher is vice president of operations with Glenn Springs Holdings, a subsidiary of Occidental. Luxbacher manages Occidental’s RCRA and CERCLA liabilities related to the oil and gas, chemicals and former mining-business segments.
One of 5 engineering Founder Societies...
Founded in 1871 by 22 mining engineers in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. AIME was one of the first national engineering societies established in the United States, and, along with ASCE (civil), ASME (mechanical), IEEE (electrical), and AIChE (chemical), it is known as an Engineering Founder Society. Together, the engineering Founder Societies form the United Engineering Foundation (UEF).
...with 4 Member Societies.
Representing over 145,000 engineers worldwide, including:
- SME (Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration)
- TMS (The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society)
- AIST (Association for Iron & Steel Technology)
- SPE (Society of Petroleum Engineers).
AIME's Mission is to support its Member Societies. We fulfill this mission by:
- Exercising fiscal responsibility
- Distributing funds
- Facilitating interaction with the larger scientific and engineering community
- Enhancing collaboration among the Member Societies
- Honoring the legacy and traditions of AIME.
AIME's Vision is to honor our legacy by becoming a relevant and valued partner to our Member Societies.